Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mad Crane Skillz

So as some of you may know, I have mad crane skills. I mean, seriously. I'm REALLY ridiculously good at them. Like so good that Brandon won't let me play anymore because the girls don't NEED another cheap stuffed animal.

BUT....we had a day the other day that Brandon would label as "Schrenk Luck" (ie - We'll never win the lottery but we'll never go hungry. Something always works itself out). Brandon told me on Wednesday we were going to have company on Friday. Nice, hon. So Thursday, I loaded up all 3 girls (I had Maggie) and we went to Kroger after Jazzercise. I don't normally shop at Kroger but it's the closest store so for quick trips, this is where I head. Well, there were no car carts (yes, I have to use one when I have all 3 kids) in the lot, so we parked by the far door. This is not where I normally park at Kroger. The crane is just inside that entrance. So as we walked past, I peeked to see if there was anything good. I stopped dead in my tracks. I was seeing things. There was NOT a khaki Denver Broncos hat in the crane machine in Kroger in HOUSTON. Wow. I decided to stop by on our way out.

Grocery shopping is done so we head back to the crane. The hat is underneath a couple of other things. But wait. There is a hat upside down. Yep, sure enough, it's ANOTHER Broncos hat. So, $3 later (on a $.50 machine) we leave Kroger with a hat and a pink zebra for Jordan (I got the hat on the 5th try and still had a credit in the machine....couldn't waste it!).

Brandon gets home and we show him his present and tell him the story. "Why didn't you get the other one?" he asks. So we load back in the car and head the opposite direction of where we were going for dinner to go to Kroger. Brandon drops me off and goes to park the car with girls. As he's coming in the door, it's $4 later, and we now own a Dora the Explorer Fairy Princess doll, a teddy bear dressed in Astros gear, and the 2nd Broncos hat.

I rule. :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! That is too funny! I stink at that game!

Elsha said...

My brothers are way good at those things, so I used to ask them to get me stuff all the time when I was little. I'm terrible at them. Sounds like you have a gift:)

Stephanie said...

I'm so completely jealous of your mad skillz!

Me and My Boys said...

I couldn't win anything in those machines to save my life. Too bad they don't have canisters filled with $100 bills in them.