Tuesday, June 23, 2009

SA Visit - 6/6/09 for Emma's Birthday

The girls and I headed to San Antonio for my friend Stacey's daughter Emma's first birthday party. The ride there was pretty uneventful. The girls slept a LOT so I was able to drive about 2/3 of the way there. We stopped at a gas station and got Lunchables and ate in the car. Then they watched Elmo the rest of the way there.

Aunt Mary came down that weekend to pick up Shiloh (her dog that my mom and dad had been watching until Mike and Mary got their own place). Here's Allison showing off the St. Louis goodies Mary brought her (a monkey and a monkey shirt).

Friday night, my mom, my dad, Mary and I stayed up pretty late playing Wii. That's right, my parents are cooler than me. :) I discovered that I'm pretty good at bowling but my dad kicks butt at ping cup. In between turns, I read and read and read. This trip was probably the reason I was able to finish the Sookie Stackhouse books so quickly. We also got to play in the pool on Friday. I didn't get any pictures though.

Saturday we went shopping in the morning so Mary was able to spoil her great grand nieces. Allison was very happy with the results. Lunch was Chick-Fil-A and then naps.

After naps, we headed to Stacey's house for Emma's party. It was an Elmo theme, so of course the girls had to wear my all-time favorite outfits.

They even got hats to match! (This was right before Jordan ripped it off and threw it to the ground).

Even Uncle Marcus joined in the fun! :)

There was a moonjump but pretty much, my kids ate the whole time we were there. Jordan was cracking people up at how well she eats (ie - takes bites and eats everything we eat) for just being one. She loves spoons too (even the wrong end is fun....she was flipping the spoon in her mouth here).

They did play with Emma's present - the swingset. When Brandon and I have tried, Jordan HATES the swing. I guess she's figured out that it's fun!

Do you think Allison is too big for these yet?

Aunt Amy, Uncle Marcus and Allison. Allison LOVES Marcus.

Sunday morning, the girls got watermelon while I packed up the van. They LOVE watermelon (although we have to watch Jordan because she tries to eat the rind). Hey, it's cold and hard and she's teething. Who can blame the kid?

Allison Grace Watermelon Face (apparently there is a song that goes with the nickname. And if you try to change the nickname to Ice Cream Face or Yogurt Face you get in trouble.)
We left after my mom gave them baths. The ride back was pretty good too but we had to stop at the SLOWEST McDonald's EVER to get food and then ate in our car. It was a short weekend, but we had a GREAT time.

1 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

I could eat watermelon everyday of the year. I can't believe how big Jordan is!