Well, I'm 27 weeks today. Holy cow, this pregnancy has FLOWN by. Not a whole lot new on the preggo front other than I am now battling a major sinus infection. Lucky for me, antibiotics are okay to take during pregnancy! My back has been KILLING me lately. Luckily, I'm married to the nicest, sweetest guy ever and he has been super great the past couple of weeks. In fact, he's given me so many backrubs that Allison now knows how to "rub Mommy's back," super cute. I have my next appointment next Thursday and we'll have the dreaded Gestational Diabetes test. I'm actually not dreading it as much this time around. I know what to expect and I know I can control my glucose levels if forced to. Also, it gives me a better chance at being induced. I know this sounds silly, but I am scared to death of going into labor on my own. I'm worried that since second labors are normally faster, if I do go on my own, the baby could be born on the highway! Plus, what if we do make it there but I'm too far along for an epidural? Also, what if it happens when Brandon is at work? Then I have to find someone to watch Allison AND someone to drive me to the hospital (and possibly deliver my baby on I-45!). I know, I'm being weird and paranoid and just plain worrisome but these are the thoughts that keep me up at night! Here are some comparison pictures....
27 weeks (2/20/08)
27 weeks (5/15/06)

Mom was here last weekend and we did some shopping (weird, I know). We went to the Galleria. Can you believe I hadn't been there since we moved here?!? We got Allison some shoes at Stride Rite that her therapist recommended. Brandon thinks they look like nurse's shoes. They're hightops and all white. Very dorky and boring, but if it helps her walk, I'm all for it! I also got a lamp at the Disney store for $16 (regularly $60!). We put it in Allison's room and moved the Mary Poppins lamp to the baby's room (it goes much nicer in there). We also finally got a TV stand for the playroom and put together the "big girl" dresser for Allison and moved the crappy little one to the baby's room closet. Pretty busy weekend!
Allison's physical therapy is going really well. Our Tuesday visits have not been great but our Thursday visits so far have. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good one too. Of course, this week, Allison was a pain while our therapist had a student shadowing her. The girl was a really good sport though considering what a pain Allison was being. All things considered, she still did really well. They are going to let us borrow this baby walker on crack thing that Allison uses during sessions for us to use at home. She's getting closer and closer to walking on her own every day. I just know one day soon I'll wake up and she'll be running. (I'm hoping it's before the baby is born!)
Now for the shameless plug. Please go to this website: http://traciturchin.typepad.com/photography/2008/02/2008-real-cou-1.html
and vote for Brandon's friend Sarah and her fiance Dan as the "Couple of the Year." If they win, they get their wedding photography for free! Please only vote once, as doing so more times will get them disqualified.
So that's what's new in our world! Drop me a line and let me know what's new in yours!
PS - Here's a couple Allison pictures (because I know that's why you REALLY read our blog!)
PS - Here's a couple Allison pictures (because I know that's why you REALLY read our blog!)



0 comments:
Post a Comment