Well, it only took 18+ months but it finally happened....Allison took her first steps tonight!!!!
I was gone at a Mom's Night Out to a place where you make a bunch of meals and then put them in the freezer. (VERY fun, by the way). Brandon was at home with Allison and on the web cam with his parents and Nathan and Malinda. I guess Allison was sitting in his lap, facing the mirrors in the playroom when she stood up and got VERY excited about talking and waving to the baby in the mirror. Then, she walked towards the baby in the mirror and started to fall, but caught herself on the mirror. Yay!!! And I guess this wasn't just a one-time thing either. So, it stinks that I've put in all this time and work over the past couple of weeks (and probably have caused myself a few premature gray hairs I just haven't found yet) and Brandon is the one who gets to see it but hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the crawling and knee walking. I know, I should be careful what I wish for, but it's getting harder and harder to carry her! (Before you make fun, you try gaining 10-15 extra pounds around your middle and then carry around 30-35 pounds of wigglyness up and down stairs a few times!) So hopefully our therapy session tomorrow will go well (I'm going to recommend that we work with a mirror!). Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



2 comments:
Yay! Great news, I'm so glad all your hard work paid is paying off. Good luck at PT.
That is so great!!! whohoo!!
Post a Comment