Thursday, February 28, 2008

28 Weeks, Allison and Goldfinger

Well, I'm 28 weeks! Holy cow this pregnancy has flown by! We had my doctor's appointment this morning and I did the glucose tolerance test (the first test to see if I have gestational diabetes again). No news is good news, so keep your fingers crossed the they don't call! (I'm probably still going to call on Tuesday to check). I only gained 2 lbs from my last appointment, so that puts my total weight gain at 12 lbs. I think it helps that I'm chasing a toddler around! Here are some pictures comparing this baby to Allison. Now I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks! I can't believe it!! Oh, we also have my 3D/4D ultrasound this afternoon so I'll get pictures up when we come back. And the doctor eased my fears about going into labor. She said as long as my body is showing signs of being "ready" (I won't get into it more) she has no problem scheduling an induction even if I don't have GD. Yay!!!!

2/28/08 (28 weeks)

5/22/06 (28 weeks with Allison)


And speaking of my little toddler....she is doing so well with her learning to walk. I can't believe how big she is some days! She also loves sitting in one of her tables and sitting in her chair that Nana got her. She also really likes it when you spell her name for her (and has tried saying her name a couple of times). We also had a really fun ice cream social and riding toy playdate so some of the pictures are from that.












Now for the important news.....Goldfinger (Brandon's favorite band and the band that sings "our song") is playing E-Days this year! Great, right? Wrong. E-Days is the same weekend as Michael and Bri's wedding. So anyone who is still around or near Golden and is not coming to Michael's wedding needs to go to the concert, take lots of pictures, get Brandon (and Allison) a shirt, and get Brandon the new album. If you do this for us, we won't ask for your penny! (See Brandon's last mass email).

And yes, I did say that "our song" is a Goldfinger song. It's "Counting the Days." When Brandon left Colorado for CECOS in California (right before we started dating), I heard that song a few times and used to listen to KBPI (I think) just hoping they would play it. It completely reminded me of him and all the good times we had had that summer. I think that's when I knew (but didn't pay attention to it) that I truly had feelings for him. Then Heater and I went to California and the rest is history! Oh, and case you didn't know that that was our song, it's because normally we just tell people it's "Fools Rush In" by Elvis. (That seems to make more sense to more people and is easier to explain than some weird song by some weird band). Sorry for the digression......

Okay, pictures of the baby (as long as she cooperates) will be up this afternoon. Check back then!