Here's the only pictures I have from the weekend at my mom and dad's. Mom forgot to bring her camera this weekend, so it'll be a while before I get those pictures.
Thursday we had a monkey playdate. We lined all 18 (that's right, 18) of Allison's monkeys up on the couch. She had a few friends over and they did monkey crafts and played. Unfortunately, I had so much fun, I forgot about the banana cupcakes I had made! (So we had extras for her birthday party). I also learned to stick to crafts that involve coloring or stickers and stay away from crafts with glue. Even so, I think all the kids enjoyed themselves.
Allison's birthday party was SO much fun!!! We borrowed this huge inflatable water slide from one of the mom's in our playgroup. The kids had a blast. (I didn't while we were setting up...I got stuck at the top and it started caving in on me...I'm clausterphobic!!) But everything else turned out great. We had a little baby pool for the smaller kids. I made a monkey cake and banana cupcakes with monkey head water squirters on top. We also did a book exchange instead of having the kids bring presents, so each kid left with a book, a balloon, a lei, the monkey squirter and a small stuffed monkey. One of the moms (who also came to the monkey playdate) said as she was leaving, "I think my daughter will always associate this house with monkeys!"
Jordan is sad she didn't get presents! ;)

Allison did get some great presents from mommy and daddy and Nana and Papa. We got her some monkey jammies and a few monkey shirts. She and Jordan got coordinating monkey outfits too! She also got the Dora dollhouse with all the accessories. She's had a ton of fun playing with that so far. Mom and Dad got her two little veterinarian kits. She's adorable to watch playing with those. I think she might be a vet someday!
This is Allison's BFF Maggie "holding" Jordan. (No, I didn't have to Photoshop her mom's arm out - but she was THAT close!)
Allison had some leftover party favor monkeys...Apparently twins stick together in her book!

Allison did get some great presents from mommy and daddy and Nana and Papa. We got her some monkey jammies and a few monkey shirts. She and Jordan got coordinating monkey outfits too! She also got the Dora dollhouse with all the accessories. She's had a ton of fun playing with that so far. Mom and Dad got her two little veterinarian kits. She's adorable to watch playing with those. I think she might be a vet someday!
Here is Dora's family in the swing....notice how the dad has his arm around the mom. How cute!
Allison loves watching the Olympics. We were watching women's gymnastics last night and during one of the floor exercises (I think it was Nastia), Allison started trying to mimic her. She would stand up on her tiptoes and then reach and touch the ground. Then she started flourishing her arms. Then they showed one of the girls (I think Shawn Johnson) stretching and so Allison sat on the floor and stretched! So cute! It breaks my heart to tell her that she's almost too tall already to be a gymnast! (We'll find out how tall at her appointment Tuesday). Did anyone else watch the men's 4x100 m relay?!?!?!? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brandon was mad I made him stay up late and then he realized he saw the race that everyone will be talking about today (you are welcome, honey!).
Little Miss Jordan decided yesterday while my mom was feeding her to hold her own bottle! She did it again this morning at her 545 bottle with me. She can only do it when it's about 1/4 to 1/2 full but she's getting there. She's so big now! We had to move to 3 month clothes and she's getting close to going to the next diaper size. She had a great weekend with my dad. Friday night on our way home from dinner, he had her laughing almost the whole way home!!!
We're getting Allison's 2 year old pictures and Jordan's 3 month old pictures done today. I'm going to take a few with them because we all have coordinating outfits that Brandon's mom made us. I can't wait!! We're also going to go shopping at the new mall today. Gymboree and Stride Rite - here we come! (Yes, I am a mom. I love shopping for kids' stuff!)



1 comments:
Happy Birthday, Allison! I am so impressed with that cake, Amy! It looks fantastic.
Post a Comment