Saturday, August 23, 2008

Updates

Well, the Bacon Cheese Chicken was pretty good. My stupid crockpot cooks super fast, but luckily I was able to salvage it before it got too burnt or overcooked. We're going to try some other recipes this week:

Blue Cheese Cherry Meatloaf
Lazy Chicken
Sausage and Veggie Medley
Cream Cheese Chicken


Jordan is officially the happiest baby ever. She smiles at EVERYONE. Which makes people smile back, which makes her smile more! She's so freakin' cute! She now wakes up and talks and smiles to herself. I need to get the little crib mirror out of the playroom and put it in her pack and play. I bet she'd love it! She'll sleep great for 1 or 2 nights and then have a BAD night.



Allison LOVES holding hands with her friends. We went out to Hobby Lobby and lunch with her friend Maggie (the one who held Jordan) and her mommy. They held hands (and Maggie's mommy's hand) to cross the street. It was SO cute! She and Maggie crack me up. They saw each other that morning at Jazzercise. Then 30 minutes later, they saw each other at Hobby Lobby. They screamed and squealed like they hadn't seen each other in decades. Then we had to push their carts together so they could hug and switch toys and chat. So funny!! Allison also likes football as much as baseball. Brandon is excited. Now if only she could watch Broncos games on TV here instead of Texans.....

Brandon is loving the DVR. He searches through all of our HBO channels for movies he hasn't seen and records them. I like it because we can record Sesame Street if we're not home (which lately, we haven't been) and then if Allison is grumpy later in the day or if I need a little help to get dinner ready, I can turn it on. We're definitely parents....we DVR Handy Manny and Sesame Street. Wow.

Brandon also got approval from the Texas Engineering Board to take his PE in October. Whoohoo! (If you get his mass emails, you should already know this). Mom and I think that if he passes (and gets the bonus from work) that he should use the bonus to take us to Disneyworld in January for my birthday to hang out with Ben, Erin and Mary who will be there to run the Disney Marathon. (Just to clarify, BEN is running the marathon, not Erin and Mary!) But a note to Erin and my mom....I think I have El Cheapo convinced!!!! He asked me last night if I would be willing to forgo Christmas presents from/to each other (and birthday presents next year too) to pay for the trip. I said, "Hells yeah!!" Yay Disney!!!!! Even more yay - Disney on my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if any of you have stayed at any of the Disney hotels in Orlando, send me an email. I want to know which would be best for us (remember, we have a 2 year old and one who will be like 8 months).

I've been working a lot on bows for sale. I made a Steelers bow, a Longhorn bow and an Astros bow. I'm also making a bow holder for Heater's friend's new baby. Oh, and speaking of new babies, congratulations to Kristin and Dan!!! Sofia Alexis made her appearance into this world 5 weeks ahead of schedule and with some pre-delivery drama (already the drama queen mom says!)

Okay, I better go feed the younguns. I'll try to get some pictures up later today. Probably during naptime. Unless I take a nap. ;)

1 comments:

John said...

DVR + Sesame street = my BFF!!!