Yep, that's right. Again.
Brandon was balancing the checkbook last night and noticed 8 charges for $19.95 each for 4 different online vendors. On my new credit card. That I've had for a month. That replaced the other one that had fraudulent charges on it.
So we called the bank and cancelled the card and have a new one on it's way. Then I called the police officer who took my report and left him a message (he works days). Then I worked on calling the 4 vendors. Turns out they're all the same call center. Hmmm...interesting. The supervisor I spoke with was actually VERY helpful and refunded all 8 charges. He even gave me more information on the transactions. It's my name and address but a weird phone number (we think California). I asked if there was an email address associated and he said, "Hm, that's weird, there's not." Apparently it was signed up through the online company that the fraudulent charges were from in January. Interesting.
So I called the bank back and asked if there was any way that the 1st vendor would have access to my new card information and they said no. So we're not sure how that happened.
The police officer called me back this morning and gave me the number of the detective who has been assigned my case. I called him but he hasn't called back yet.
TO BE CONTINUED....(hopefully not but probably!)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



2 comments:
That totally sucks. I had that happen when we were at Mines, only most of the vendors refused to give me info on who & where the orders were being sent. The one that did tell me turned out to be to someone in Golden at a really fancy house. Talk about making me angry!
It is such a pain, I'm sorry you have to deal with it! I hope it gets cleared up soon.
Bummer. That stinks. :(
Post a Comment