Today is National Wear Red Day. Here is the information from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute website:
February 6, 2009-is a day when Americans nationwide will wear red to show their support for women's heart disease awareness. This observance promotes the Red Dress symbol and provides an opportunity for everyone to unite in this life-saving awareness movement by showing off a favorite red dress, shirt, or tie, or Red Dress Pin.
This is a big deal for me since Alpha Phi's national philanthropy benefits research for cardiac disease in women. We even have our OWN red dress pin!!
SO at Jazzercise this morning, I was one of a handful of people wearing red. I was talking with 2 of the ladies before class began and I mentioned that today was Wear Red Day. They both said, "Oh, is that today?" I said, "Yes and I'm excited about it because my sorority's philanthropy is cardiac care for women." The one lady (who I've seen almost every day but we finally introduced ourselves today) said, "Oh, you're an Alpha Phi." I was shocked. I asked her how she knew that and it turns out, SHE'S an Alpha Phi too (from UT)!! Crazy small world!
That's my digression for the day. I'm going to go play with Jordan now. Wear Red!!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



1 comments:
It's kind of cool, a bunch of people are wearing red at the steel mill today.
Post a Comment