Sunday, February 22, 2009

Potty Training

Here's how day 1 went:
Allison peed in her panties.

Allison peed in her panties again at the top of the stairs and then "bopped" down. Got pee on all steps.

Caught her making a funny face. Had a successful poop in the potty.

I had to call the detective from Pearland PD who is handling my identity theft case. My lovely phone drops his call. Then proceeds to drop all calls. House phone stops working. (It eventually started again).

Allison throws herself on the floor screaming when I leave her with my dad to go take my records to the detective at the police dept.

In addition to cleaning pee off of every step, I had to clean pee off of her chair at the dinner table. She started drinking water at about 3 and I made her sit on the potty every 20 minutes or so until dinner time, but nothing. So then without batting an eye, she pees her panties at the table.

After dinner, we go upstairs to take a bath and I discover that our toilet tank has a huge crack in it and it's leaking water. Have NO idea how this happened. Thank goodness my dad was here. He helped me turn the water off and started looking on lowes.com to see if you can buy just the tank.

Then Jordan starts grunting in the bath. I take her out and sit her on the Elmo potty. Jordan poops in the potty. Kind of makes me laugh. Put Jordan back in, clean the girls. Get ready to get them out. See a HUGE poop (probably Jordan's biggest....she's normally a frequent small pooer instead of big ones). Freak out. Yell for my dad. Dad takes Allison, I take Jordan and get the girls dressed. Proceed to bleach the tub and all the toys.Go to Lowe's (with dad and both girls). Buy a toilet tank.Come home. Watch Elmo with the girls while my dad tries to install toilet tank. Toilet tank doesn't fit. We're going to have to buy a new toilet.

Go clean up living room, front room and kitchen. Drink a glass (or 2) of wine.

Brandon finally comes home. We go to bed.

Day 2 wasn't much better. She had a couple accidents, a couple of successes. After the last big accident right before dinner time, she said, "Mommy, no panties. Diaper please." So apparently she's not ready yet. Oh well. We'll try again in a few months.

4 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

You're braver than me. Tyson refuses to go potty in the big boy potty and I give in. I just don't want to put the energy into training him. BUT he has to be potty trained to go to preschool....
Good luck! It can only get better, right?

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I can't really relate, but I'd like to wish you good luck. When we ever have kids I lke to think I'll have all you people to call for advice!

Sarah said...

I bet one day she will ask for the panties and never go back! You ARE a brave lady, I don't even want to think about this yet! Lucky for us, Leah does not have to be fully potty trained to start preschool, although I would prefer she were.

SuZ said...

Did you go from diapers to panties? Or did you try any of those pull-up things? I'm trying to decide how to tackle this issue with my girl.