Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Paperback Swap

So my mother-in-law told me about paperbackswap.com and Brandon and I signed up. Basically, you list all the books (hardbacks, paperbacks, audio) that you have that you'd be willing to part with. Then you can make a list of all the ones you want. If someone else has one of the books you have on their wishlist, they are contacted to see if they have credits and then you send it to them. For every one you send, you get a credit and for every one you get, you pay a credit.

So far I was able to get rid of Twilight and New Moon (yes, I read them....yes, I disliked them) and request another book that's on it's way. What a neat idea! I'm really excited for this! If you're a reader and don't mind parting with your books, you might want to look into it!

PS - It's FREE right now. They say that they might have to charge dues eventually but now, all you pay is postage! (Which is only about $2 per book for paperbacks)

1 comments:

Becca said...

Is paperback swap better than garage sales, used book stores, etc? I have heard a lot of about it but never tried it.