Well, put a vote in for me for mom of the year. Today at Jazzercise, I dropped Allison off at school and went back to class (like usual). But they came into the gym a lot earlier than they have done before. So Allison saw me as I picked up Jordan from the babysitter and was leaving. Well, instead of walking to her, hugging her and taking her back to her teacher, I pretended I didn't see her, ducked my head, and ran out the door (pushing the stroller). As I closed the door, I could see Allison, in tears, getting picked up by her teacher. Wow. I'm a great mom. Even Brandon said, "Why didn't you just walk to her, hug her and take her back to class?"
Personally, I think I was just preoccupied by getting home in time to shower before Jordan's 6 month appointment (at least that's what I'll tell myself!) Jordan is 6 months today!!! I can't believe how quickly the past half-year has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was telling Brandon that I was pregnant. She's doing really well. She's 20 lbs, 2 oz and 28.5 inches. She's off the charts in weight and length. Her head circumference is 42.5 cm which puts her in the 50th percentile. So she's pretty much following in Allison's footsteps. We're going to start oatmeal and fruits in a couple of days. We also went to Babies R Us and got some new sippy cups for Jordan. They don't have a valve that falls out easily like Allison's but they have handles. We'll see how she does.
That's it for now. Just wanted to let everyone know her new stats!! Have a good weekend!
Oh, and Allison did fine for the rest of the day. Pretty much as soon as I left, the teacher said, "Mommy will be back at 2" and she was fine.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment