Friday, November 7, 2008

Mother's Day Out

Well, today was Allison's first day of Mother's Day Out (MDO). I was a little nervous since it's been awhile since she left me for an entire day. She is going to school at the church where I take Jazzercise. It's perfect! I have class from 830-930 and she has to be dropped off at 9. I just sneak out of class (with about 3 other moms) and take her to her teachers. She walked right into her classroom and only gave me a goodbye kiss when I asked for it. But then I had to take her paperwork to the director. When I walked past her room to leave, she had already been picked up and was sucking her thumb, holding monkey in one of her teachers arms. BUT I didn't get a phone call, so I assumed she was doing well.

Brandon and I (he was working today but somewhere else so he was home in time) went to pick her up. She had just gotten up from her nap and they said she did GREAT. She ate almost all of her lunch and only fussed a little when they would transition from one activity to the next. I figure that makes sense because at home, she's not in a structured environment. I kind of let her dictate what we do. They said that she loved playing in the gym (they take all the playground equipment in there if they can't play outside) and pushed a shopping cart around the entire time. Her little sheet that tells us how her day went said she was "happy" and that her "1st day was GREAT!"

I am SO relieved that it went well. They did say that Wednesday might be harder (2nd days usually are) and there are so many days between now and then. Hopefully it will be okay. She was SO happy to wear her backpack and carry her lunchbox!!

0 comments: