Well, things have been going well. Allison's 2nd day of school was today and she did great. Just a little bit of fussing when playtime in the gym was over, but other than that, very good again! She ate most of her lunch and took a good nap. Other than that, she is definitely 2. She has her ideas of how things should be and will definitely let you know about them!
Jordan has been on a bit of a hunger strike lately (which is definitely not something we ever experienced with Allison!). She won't take more than 4 oz or so of her 8 oz bottle and we almost have to force feed her the cereal and baby food. That's not totally true. She'll eat fine for Brandon at her breakfast feeding. Then she protests all day for me. She's gotten slightly better about solids but still protests her bottle. I've even tried using a sippy cup, no dice. Her doctor's appointment is on Friday so we're not too worried. Maybe she just was in a growth spurt but now she's done. I don't think she's teething (the drooling has kind of tapered off) but I guess that's a possibility too.
Okay, now to the fun part.....PICTURES! (I know that's why you're all here anyway!)
This one is what happens at night while we watch Elmo's World and get Allison wound down for bedtime.
Now before everyone starts freaking out, here is a closeup of Hunter and Jordan. He is doing his darnedest to not touch her. He took about 15 minutes to walk around and get into this position (yes, she's asleep).
This is what Jordan and I did during our first day of Allison's MDO. (Yes, that mess in the background was the guest room!) Nathan and Malinda were coming THAT NIGHT. (I'm a little bit of a slacker!) Big bonus for me though, Jordan is a lot more content in the jumpy thing than Allison ever was. She never really jumped, just kind of spun around, but that's further than Allison ever did.
This is what happens lately about 50% of the time when you try to take Allison's picture. Yes, she is trying to hit me. She'll say "NO", take a swing and duck her head. Drama queen!!!!
Here's Jordan with her Aunt Malinda. The girls had a great time last weekend. I'm happy because the fence got repaired! Malinda and I took the girls to Allison's class at Little Gym and then did some shopping at Target. I got a TON of stocking stuffers! (Gotta love that dollar bin!) Then the guys met us at Cici's where I got Allison a Mickey Mouse football player out of the crane. She loves him! She loved hanging out with Nathan, Malinda and their dog Sadie. Anytime Nathan came into the room, her eyes would light up, she'd scream and run to him with a HUGE smile, demanding to be picked up. If Malinda left the room, she'd get very upset and say, "Mar-mar?" (which we assumed meant Malinda). I got to spend a lot of one-on-one time with Malinda which was fantastic (we hadn't really gotten a chance to yet). I can't wait until Thanksgiving (they're coming to my mom and dad's with us!)
Earlier this week, we had a playdate to celebrate 2 of the girls 1st birthdays that was supposed to be at the park. It was pouring down rain, so they changed it to one of those indoor jump places. This one recently went under new management and it is NICE (I never had been in it before). The manager was very nice and let us use one of the rooms even though we hadn't booked a party. The kids had a BLAST.
This is what Allison liked best:
Okay, to be fair, she also enjoyed the toddler jump area (it was Sesame Street themed....can you guess why she loved it?)
Yes, she is giving Elmo a hug.
This is the other 50% of pictures. "Say cheese!" or "Big Smile!" will get you this:
Jordan and I had a busy day for our 2nd day of just the 2 of us. We dropped Allison off during Jazzercise and then came home so I could grab a quick shower before we headed to the mall. I hadn't been in FOREVER. But we were on a mission today, no window shopping for me. Jordan had her 6 month pictures!! That's right, she's 6 months on Friday!!!! Here are some of my favorites (but yes, I was a good girl and only bought the one pose that my $4.99 coupon paid for!)



That's all for now. We have a makeup class at Little Gym tomorrow and then Allison has school on Friday while we go to Jordan's appointment. Updated stats, coming soon!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment