As some of you might already know, my head Jazzercise instructor's daughter (who is 27) was recently diagnosed with a very agressive form of ovarian cancer. Heidi has gone through multiple rounds of chemo to no avail (other than making her have to shave her head) and is now in a research program that seems to be helping. Heidi and her mom Gigi have got to be the two most positive people I have ever met. Even through all of this, I don't think I can remember seeing Gigi without a smile. And the stories of Heidi on her CarePages site describe exactly who I would think Gigi's daughter to be.
On the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend, Brandon, Jordan and I will be participating in her name in a 5K to benefit the research program. (Well, Brandon and I will walk, Jordan will be in a backpack!) We will be walking with other people from my Jazzercise center.
We are nowhere near our goal of $1000 right now. If you can, please donate here. If you can't donate, please just keep Heidi and her family in your thoughts/prayers.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment