Monday, April 6, 2009

Ugh...Puke

Well, we had our first "incident" in the big girl bed. Allison puked in the middle of the night Saturday night. We didn't realize it until Sunday morning. She will puke and not get upset about it. And apparently, will go to sleep in it.

I went to get her up Sunday morning and was met with the overwhelming smell of vomit. And what looked like poo in her bed (and in her hair). I was a little confused at first (because of the conflicting sensory information) and because we had put 2 diapers (1 regular, 1 underjam-nighttime-underwear-for-kids-who-wet-their-bed thing) on her to keep her from wetting the Elmo bed (because we don't have a backup set of sheets). Well, it was puke. She let me get her in the bath and wash her hair. Brandon stripped her bed. She said she was hungry so we went downstairs and she ate a really good breakfast.

We were on our way to the grocery store and I was on the phone with my mom (telling her about the discovery that morning) when Brandon says, "Oh hon. Your day just got worse." Yep, sure enough, she puked all over herself in the car. Luckily, it only got her and the car seat, not my car. We pulled into a parking lot across the street from a church and I ran over to the church and got paper towels out of their bathroom. We wiped her off but then had to put her back in her yucky seat to get home.

So back home. Brandon gives her another bath while I put crabby Jordan back to bed and then head back to the store. Add Pedialyte to the grocery list.

Brandon calls. Says I need to hurry home. They're sitting on the couch watching "Lady and the Tramp" and she's puking up water and Jordan is waking up.

Get home. Give the girls lunch. Allison eats a piece of toast. Keeps it down. Then we watch "Monsters, Inc". Somewhere towards the end of the movie, Brandon convinces her to go in our room and take a nap with him. Everyone falls asleep for 2 hours.

Watch the end of Monsters. Watch "Lady and the Tramp" again. Ignore 2-year old who wants to watch it a 3rd time after it ends.

Make chicken noodle soup for dinner. She manages to keep that down too so hopefully we're all done. We think it might have been food poisoning. She had something different from Brandon and I for dinner on Saturday. Plus, she was never running a fever and other than puking, was never acting sick. Cross your fingers that I don't have a "discovery" this morning. I don't want to take care if it alone. :(

Yesterday made me realize (yet again) that taking care of a kid is a lot like taking care of one of your drunk friends in college.

3 comments:

Elsha said...

I hope she is better today! And you're right about that last part-- taking care of drunk friends is the ONLY reason I can handle puke.

Me and My Boys said...

I am SO SORRY. That stinks. Tyson had the "stomach bug" over Christmas and puked for three days. It was not pleasant. I really hope she gets to feeling better. (For your sake and hers-I don't like puke, at all.)

Marshall and Kellie +2 said...

O NO, I sure hope she was better today and didn't spread it to anyone else. I know Marshall has had stomach bugs before and didn't run a fever at all. Good luck!