I was reading one of the "Baby's First Year Books" a couple of days ago and one of the milestones Jordan should be doing is "pretending." She should be taking a phone and pressing buttons and pretending to talk (or something like that). I was a little worried because she's NOT doing that. Well, the day after I read that, we were in Allison's room after bath. Brandon was getting Allison in her jammies and I was holding Jordan on Allison's bed. She grabbed her hairbrush (that I just had used on her) and started brushing her hair!! So cute!!!
Allison likes to pretend too. She had monkey sitting in one of our recliners and she was saying to him, "Pee pee poo poo in potty, monkey? Good girl! You get sticker!" and was giving monkey a puzzle piece. She did this for 6 puzzle pieces!
AND, that same day, she had monkey in her toy wagon and told me she was going bye-bye (normal). I asked her where she was going and she said, "Um, the zoo so monkey can see more monkeys!" (I've never gotten this response before). She follows with, "Mommy stay home with Jordan. Bye-bye Mommy!" and she leans down and gives me a kiss. Then she goes to where Jordan is playing, "Bye-bye Jordan!" with a kiss for Jordan too. Then she takes monkey and goes down the hallway to the zoo.
Allison has also started spontaneously thanking us. For EVERYTHING. We don't have to say, "What do you say?" anymore. It's really nice! And she does it when you least expect it too. Now we're working on spontaneous pleases. She's also become a little ham. Everywhere we go, she'll say hi and bye to random strangers. And she sometimes follows it with, "This is MY sister." :)
Jordan is now sitting in a booster seat at the kitchen table (no more high chair!). She really likes being a part of everything. She's finally feeling better from whatever it was that she had. Her appetite and her wonderful smileyness have returned. (Thank goodness!!!) She's starting to pull herself up on almost everything. It won't be long until she's walking on her own!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



1 comments:
I didn't think babies started pretending until like 18 months. Guess I'll have to watch for that.
Post a Comment