Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bluebonnets

So we had a really fun playgroup today (that I can't post more about because it will ruin the surprise....check back in 6-8 weeks). I decided to take the girls afterwards to take our bluebonnet pictures.

Now I'm not sure if all of you know but it's kind of a tradition in Texas to take your kids' pictures in the bluebonnets. Bluebonnets are the state flower and for a month or so, the grow all over the grassy areas around the highways. That's right, highways. BUT lucky for us, an older couple about 10 minutes from our house have a huge field in front of their house. They plant bluebonnets every year and allow people to come take their pictures. All they ask in return is that you send them a copy of the picture because they make an album for each year. Last year, the wife broke her hip and was in a nursing home because the husband couldn't care for her. The photo albums were what got her through.

So here are our pictures from this year. They're not great because we were battling MAJOR winds so I had to have them facing a certain way which resulted in the shadows. But maybe we'll try again when I take prints back.

0 comments: