Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Uncle Michael and Aunt Bri's Visit

Michael and Bri came down from Colorado last week. It was Bri's Spring Break and Michael took some time off work. They did a "Tour of Texas" visiting us in Houston, Mom and Dad and some friends in San Antonio, and friends in Austin.

They got here Wednesday while the girls were down. When they woke up, we went Strawberry Picking. There's a fruit/vegetable stand/farm where they let you pick your own strawberries. We had a good time!

Allison LOVES Uncle Michael!

Jordan had fun too. She's waving at the farm workers. (Those are strawberry fields on both sides of the road behind us).

Then we played when we got home.

Poor Michael. He was saying, "Hurry. Hurry." (Jordan was kind of slipping off the zebra).

Can you guess what's under the blanket?

Chloe!! Allison did this for a good 10 minutes. Our dogs are so good.

The next day, we went to the zoo (at Michael and Bri's request). My family likes to go to zoos when we travel. Off the top of my head, I can think of 10 zoos I've been to: Houston, San Antonio, Colorado Springs, Denver, Orlando, San Diego, Honolulu, Henry Dorly (in Omaha), St. Louis, Gladys Porter (Brownsville) and Albuquerque. Brandon had been to 1 before we got married. (Now he's been to 4). Brandon thinks my family is bizarre because we like zoos so much. He says, "An elephant is an elephant, no matter where you see it." I think there's more to zoos than just the animals. Heck, Michael even went to the San Diego Zoo alone when he was in California on business!! We love zoos!!!

Okay, sorry for the digression. Here are the zoo pictures. Can you tell what's my new favorite outfit set for the girls? Brandon's mom made these ADORABLE Elmo/Zoe/Abby dresses for the girls. Allison LOVES hers. And she gets to wear Elmo hair clips when she wears it.

We asked her who she wanted to go with her. She chose Michael (big surprise!).

She decided that I needed to go with Jordan. Jordan decided to pole dance. That's right, she was dancing around the pole on her animal. That's a habit we need to get in check soon!

Jordan had a great time. I can't believe how big she looks in this picture! I can't believe she's almost 1!!

Maggie and her mommy came with us so Maggie and Allison shared the wagon. They also shared cotton candy with Nana. Now when Allison pretends to eat anything, it's always cotton candy. Thanks, Mom.

We had a pretty good visit with Michael and Bri. Although I think we scared them off of having kids for forever. Both girls are still getting over whatever cold caused the pink eye. Plus we've had LOTS of company this month. They were just a little ornery. Plus, as Michael said, "Having kids makes you have LOTS of extra crap." He was especially upset by all the extra stuff in my car. I thought it wasn't too bad. Plus it was a zoo trip day, so hey, we had EVERYONE'S extra stuff (the wagon, lunches, etc). Oh well. Hopefully they'll change their minds. I need to buy their kids noisy and obnoxious toys. :)

1 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

I love how good Chloe is with the girls! The blanket pic is hilarious!
P.S. thanks for the potty training encouraging!!