Wadup Pibb and Red Vine? (Oh yeah, I just called you crazy delicious)
So my steps to making your in-laws place a refugee camp are:
1) Live anywhere on the southern coast
2) Have in laws who don't live on the southern coast
3) Move in every two or three weeks from June to November.
Yup, we're running again from another storm that is headed our direction - see the attached forecast which I downloaded, without any modifications, from intellicast.com. The details change about every hour or so but that was the 1900 CST tonight.

We're safe and dry in San Antonio with Amy's folks and I'll keep you posted. Now might be a good time for the "why Colorado, when compared to Texas, is the better place to live" email.
So while I was sitting here trying to figure out how long I'll get to live in a trailer this time, I was re-reading our blog (as I expect each and everyone of you to do monthly, at a minimum) and I realized that I've been pretty self absorbed lately; for that I'd like to apologize, make amends, and almost properly use a semi-colon in a sentence.
So here go the shoutouts:
Way to go Kristen "Prego before she was prego" and Dan Communale! They not only decided to have a baby, they decided to do so 5 weeks early and over 100 miles from home. Welcome Sofia (Latin for wisdom). I'm still anxiously awaiting pictures but I know how busy those first weeks with a new baby can be, so I'll refrain from calling you out in front of hundreds of people...or will I?
Next, congrats need to go to Mike "I liked how Schrenk made it back just in time from Kuwait so I thought I'd try it myself" and Terri Carr and welcome to Jalin Rae (which I believe is also Latin for wisdom). Terri, you look awesome, Mike you don't look any worse than any other time I've seen you, and that little girl is adorable. She's lucky to have you two.
Undoubtedly the next shoutout has to go to Chad Ocho Cinco (which I believe is Spanish for dumbass). Not only is this guy not very bright, but he's also an idiot. I only took a year and a half of Spanish but I'm pretty sure that within the first week I knew that 85 was ochenta y cinco. Well in all fairness nothing in this guy's job description requires a basic knowledge of, well, anything.
Next shoutout goes to Salina, for whom I have nothing but great respect but I still think she's certifiably insane. She had an adorable little boy, Cooper (Swahili for wisdom), but at three months - which is about the time it took me to get adjusted and in a routine - they adopted a nine month old named Charlotte (Eskimo for wisdom). For those without kids, I think I'd compare that to taking driver's ed and driving a mini cooper for a week, and then someone gives you a nine month old baby. Salina, they are both gorgeous kids and I wish you all the best.
The "thinking outside of the proverbial box award" (don't ask me which proverb because those don't have any pictures) undoubtedly goes to Wade "I'll do anything to get a shoutout in Schrenk's email" Clerkin. Wade, who just completed his third marathon and a 150 mile bike ride discovered that he had, for lack of my medical knowledge, a leaking heart valve. At the ripe old age of 27 he got to stay in the four star "You must be 65 or really unlucky to enter" ward in Houston. The operation went without a hitch, but he can't lift anything over 5 pounds for around six weeks, which isn't too bad a deal because I don't think the kid was strong enough to lift more than about 3.7 pounds before he had this "cry for help". Seriously, I'm glad to hear you're doing well buddy - You're in my prayers...so long as the prayer book has pictures.
For those who want to one up him, you can't triple stamp a double stamp to make the shout out list.
Now my list of really late shout outs. Congrats to Merritt and Mike Tollison and welcome to Sarah Elizabeth (which I believe is British for wisdom) and to Rob and Michelle Aikman for their newest, Cole Whirlwind (Navajo for...you guessed it - wisdom).
And lastly (for this email) all 35 Dixes for being simultaneously pregnant and ensuring Grandma Amy has replaced sleep time with quilt making time. Good luck with the pregnancies and an early congrats to whichever nationality of wisdom you choose to name your kids.
Did I mention that Ike is Russian for I hate hurricanes?
Brandon "Ocho Siete" Schrenk



0 comments:
Post a Comment