Okay, here we go....here are some old pictures that I didn't get to post yet because we evacuated...
Awwwww....sisters! :)
This is Jordan's new spot while we eat. Do you think she likes it?
Allison and Maggie with their daddies after softball practice. (The ball field has a great park!)
Eating nachos....watching the Broncos game (well, technically she went to sleep before the game started....west coast games are on LATE!)
Touchdown!! (She says it now too!)
Playing in her new dress from Grandma Schrenk
Okay, now we start the "since we've been evacuated" photos.
Jordan's first bath with Allison (as soon as we put her in, Jordan screamed and Allison bolted to the far end of the tub)
We babysat for a friend of my mom's. Her little girl Mikayla is only 3 weeks or so older than Jordan. She was so cute!
Now we can't let a hurricane ruin our normal plans when we come to Nana's!
This is at the park near my parents' house. I had to go buy the girls long sleeves when a cold front came through! But notice Brandon is still in shorts. :)
Okay....here comes Hurricane Ike pictures.
This is on 518 headed east from Cullen towards our house.
Here is from the empty lot behind our house.
Our fence and shed :( (Yes, that's our shed in the neighbor's yard)
Our fence and Allison's playground (hopefully we have all the parts)
Jordan on her way to the doctors (yep, they were open!) Apparently they stayed open (and opened right away) on generators. They've been seeing adults too.
This is at the gas station (Bucee's) right by our house
Overall, the damage is not too bad. I know this sounds callous because there were people who had major damage, but overall, it's really not bad. I was prepared for what Hattiesburg or Laurel, Mississippi looked like when we drove back after Katrina hit. (We're closer to the coast than those cities are). But it's nowhere NEAR that bad. I know Galveston is damaged and lots got destroyed there, but I think overall, the city really didn't fare too badly. We still don't have power (as of Wednesday AM) but hopefully they get that restored soon. Brandon is going to do as much as he can and get some studying in for the PE. The girls, the animals and I are staying here in San Antonio until we get power. If that happens this week, we'll leave on Sunday morning. If it doesn't happen till later, we'll stay till it happens. If you're in San Antonio and reading this, give me a call!! I've got a 2 year old I've got to entertain! :)
Okay, now while mommy and daddy were hard at work (or stuck in traffic), here's what Allison and Nana did! They went to the zoo!!
Apparently, Allison LOVED the pygmy goats.
See, I told you she loved them! :)
Jordan worked hard too. She had a doctor's appointment (which she did really well at). She was 17 lbs and 26 inches. (94 and 96 percentiles). Her poor little head is only in the 63rd percentile! She's a little behind Allison at that checkup but Allison was 10 days late (she was sick the first time we took her in). The doctor said she looks great and look like she's going to roll anytime now (yay!). She also said we can start her on baby food (rice cereal - here we come!) I can't believe she's that big already! We also got another surprise at the office (more on that later....keep scrolling!)
More zoo pictures (this is the toddler area at the San Antonio Zoo....Allison had a BLAST). My mom said they probably could still be at the zoo (probably at the monkeys...she had to show her monkey to the monkeys in the cage)!
Okay, here is our surprise....First, I have to say SORRY to Erin and Mary. Mary turns 1 today (Happy Birthday Big Girl!!!!!!) and still doesn't have any teeth. That's right, this is about teeth. Little Miss Cheeks is cutting a tooth!!! (It's the left bottom front if anyone is interested...) Mary, we're sending Happy Birthday and Tooth Fairy vibes your way!! Hope you're enjoying your new puppy! (Who I bet is happy you don't have teeth)
We'll end this post with a very happy baby. She's happy she has a house and she's happier that she's at Nana's.
Take care! Come visit us at my mom's if you're in San Antonio!!!



1 comments:
Thanks for the update, I am glad things seem to be going relatively well. It is good to hear the house is standing!
Post a Comment