Monday, September 29, 2008

We're BAAAACK!

Okay, well, we're back. However, our internet is RIDICULOUSLY slow so this is a post without pictures. Hopefully when we get Uverse on Monday, I can get pictures uploaded more quickly.

We've been up to a lot since we got back. Jordan has been sleeping through the night so on Monday, she got moved upstairs into her own bed!!!!! Yay!! I've actually gotten some good sleep this week. Whoohoo!

Jordan also had her first taste of rice cereal. She did great. Brandon couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough. She's gotten pretty good at it but he's still a better feeder than I am (and he's more patient with her). When she gets the hang of it a little better, I'll attempt it again. So far, she gets cereal once a day. We'll probably do it for about a week or so and then start veggies! Ahh! I can't believe she's so big already!

Jordan also had her first trip to the zoo. We went with Allison's BFF Maggie and her mommy. We had a BLAST. It's so nice to go now when Allison can walk more and actually enjoy herself. Of course, she LOVED the monkeys and brushing the goats. Allison and Maggie had a great time on the carousel. I think we're going to ask for zoo passes for Christmas from one of the grandparent sets. Hopefully when the weather cools off, we can go more. It was a fantastic workout (you try pushing a double stroller with my girls through a zoo!!) Oh, also, I think we'll do all of Allison's Christmas shopping in the gift shop. They had TONS of monkey stuff (and lots that was pink or geared towards girls).

Allison has been up to a lot lately too. She sings a lot now. It's very cute. You can't understand the words, but you can tell she's singing. She's also turned into a parrot. Pretty much any word we say, we can get her to attempt. She also likes to try to say her ABCs with daddy. She can say about 17-20 letters in a way you can understand them. Her new favorite words are: "Sit, sit" - to the dogs, "shoe", "home". She's a lot of fun!! She also has been sharing with Jordan. She sometimes gives Jordan monkey when they're in the double stroller. Cute!!!

Other than that, we're trying to get back in the saddle. Playgroups, Jazzercise, you name it. We're just trying to get back to normal. It's gotten a LITTLE cooler so I've been trying out fall recipes. I actually have felt like cooking this week (maybe it's related to sleep??) so I've tried a few new ones. From the Crockpot blog: Applesauce Chicken, White Bean and Apple Chili, and 3 Packet Pot Roast. All were fantastic. Brandon said I should make the chili every night.

Today we went to lunch with Maggie and her mommy for their birthdays. They have the same birthday and go to Pappasito's every year. Well, Maggie's mommy goes every year; this is only Maggie's second time! ;) The girls were SO good. We even got compliments from a couple of other diners as they left. We got the brownie sundae thing when they sang Happy Birthday and made Maggie's mom wear the sombrero but we had also ordered the chocolate bread pudding (which I highly recommend). Talk about chocolate!!! Allison is Brandon's child though. She prefered the strawberry and the vanilla ice cream. Go figure.

I've also made a few bows for sale. Check out my bow site (which is still under construction): http://bowsbyamy.shutterfly.com. (OOPS!! I had the wrong site here! Thanks Mom!!)

Okay, stay tuned until Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed that Uverse is hella faster than Comcast!

0 comments: