Well, the last few crock pot meals have been really good. I really liked the Blue Cheese Cherry Meatloaf but Brandon wasn't as big a fan (he doesn't really like blue cheese though). The Lazy Chicken was good but my crockpot is quick and I overcooked the chicken a little. I think I'm going to try this next with BBQ sauce instead of spaghetti sauce. The Sausage and Veggie Medley was good but again, I did a little overcooking and the cauliflower fell apart. Still great though. Allison loved it. Cream Cheese Chicken was Brandon and Allison's favorite. I didn't cook a lot while his family was here this weekend but we did have the Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (that are like French Dip sandwiches) and those seemed to be a big hit. I made homemade pot pies today during naptime from a recipe from one of the moms in my group. They were fantastic!!! It was a lot more work than I have been doing lately (dumping everything into a crockpot) but I think it was worth it!
As mentioned, Brandon's family (mom, dad, brother and sister-in-law) were here this past weekend. We thought we might have to evacuate but it turned out okay. His parents got in really late on Friday. Saturday, we ALL went to Little Gym and then to the Pearland Town Center. I picked up a charm I had engraved at James Avery (where I think I'm going to apply for a job in a few years when the girls are in school) and we went to the new toy store. We also stopped at Barnes and Noble so I could put the 2009 Disney guide on order (it comes out 9/30). We went to JC Penny's to look for a Broncos lamp for Brandon and were able to find it at a Penny's near his parents' house. Then we went to Cici's for lunch. They were AMAZED at how much Allison likes it and how much she can eat there! Nathan, Malinda and their dog Sadie got in town Saturday afternoon. After letting the guys do some manual labor, we went to Red Robin for dinner. Allison LOVED the person dressed in the Red Robin outfit. I think Brandon's parents got some good pictures of it. I'm super excited for Disney now! (As if I wasn't before!) We stayed up WAY TOO LATE playing board games.
Sunday was IHOP for breakfast. Again, everyone was in amazement at how much Allison can eat! The guys did more labor and Malinda did homework while Bev and I shopped! She bought me curtains and rods for the girls rooms. Here are pictures.
1st, Allison's room:
Now, Jordan's:
Nathan, Malinda and Sadie left around 1030 or so Monday morning. Then we just relaxed around the house with his parents until about 330 or so when Brandon took his parents to the airport.
Brandon and his dad got EVERYTHING done on my "to-do" list. I'm so thankful that my father-in-law is handy, since Brandon isn't! It was WONDERFUL having them in town. I'm so thankful that I get along with my in-laws so well!! (And that Brandon gets along with his!)
Okay, now on to the girls and pictures.
Allison is doing great. Contrary to what the first picture looks like, she is really good with Jordan. She has started talking to her in the car if Jordan starts to cry (which she almost always does). She also still helps a TON. She has taken to eating her snacks while sitting at her little table (which we moved from the playroom to the kitchen). I think the move was a smart idea. In the past week, she's used it more than she ever has upstairs. She also put together a major phrase this week. We were upstairs in the playroom and the dogs were outside. They started to bark at something (and she knows they're not supposed to) and she banged on the window and said, "No, no, dogs. No bark!" She even shook (is that spelled right???) her fingers at them. So cute! She now LOVES wearing her sunglasses and it's a major fight to take them off (hence the 3rd picture). Today she wore them to Jazzercise. The ladies there just ate it up!
Whoa! You scared me mom!
Tummy time (sort of) with Daddy
I LOVE this grin!
Already learning the thumbs up from Daddy!
Okay, I've got it...now what do I do with it!?
That's it for now. Jordan's next appointment is on the 16th. My mom is coming the weekend before that. We have TONS going on this weekend (2 birthday parties in 1 day!!!). I'm also going to start watching Allison's BFF Maggie 2 days a week starting next week. Brandon starts softball soon. Oh, and my mom made our Disney reservations! Whoohoo!! Now we just have to make our plane reservations (hint, hint Brandon!). Sorry this post took so long! I'll try to get the next one up sooner!



0 comments:
Post a Comment